Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Working From Home - Using Wasted Time for a Month

Earlier this month, I was quite enthusiastic about crowdsourcing websites so I decided to do a review of this first month. No I did not get rich, some can even say that it is completely marginal compared to my regular job, but still I got myself an extra EUR 150 to spend on games.

I did follow my guidelines: Use Only Wasted Time.

  • Waiting for the rice to cook: 1 Euro
  • Waiting for my girlfriend to brush her teeth: 20 cents
  •  Waiting for a game to launch: 30 cents
  • Waiting for guest to come: 10 cents to 5 euro depending on the guests…
  • Wait 20 minutes before leaving home: 3 Euro (Yes I could have cleaned a bit during this time, but it was not a fun prospect)

In the end, I found my time spend on Clickworker efficiently used. So I’m happy to share with you a copy of the micro-tasks already invoiced! Now I just have to decide how I will spend it.
 

Crowdsourcing - Autumn Gift List:

As you may have read, I am starting to play Warhammer again so I will start my buying spree with:
  • Warhammer Fantasy – Empire Pikemen, canon and archers (Second hand) – 25 Euro
  •  Paint and Brushes – 15 Euro
For computers I have 2 big wishes, but no time to explore them both in the near future:
  • Starcraft II – Heart of the Swarm, just to discover the solo campaign – 60 Euros
  •  Europa Universalis IV, just because the first 3 were awesome
Books
  • My usual Science Fiction / Serious / Fantasy mix for at least 20 Euro

It seems that I will even have some left to pay for (half) a nice dinner! As usually, money is not the major issue for gamers, it is time.

To be fair in this review, I have to add that work is not always available. I found work, maybe 30% of the time. So my first idea was to register on other crowd sourcing sites, but finally, I was not sure I wanted to dedicate more energy to it.

Did you find a really efficient crowsourcing website? Something ideal to do when hanging around at your desk?
EuroExark

No comments:

Post a Comment